We would like your experience of our services to be positive and hope that the information on our website will help you to prepare for a visit to one of our hospitals or if you are visiting someone.
If you need any additional support or guidance please ring the department you are visiting (the contact information should be on your appointment letter) or the hospital switchboard.
Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) may also be able to help.
What you can expect
When you are being seen in our hospitals you can expect the following:
- To be given a clear explanation of your condition and the treatment options available to you.
- To be asked for your written permission (called ‘consent’) for any operation or certain procedures after being given all relevant information.
- To be told about different aspects of your treatment and what procedures are being carried out.
- To be treated with respect and dignity at all times in an environment that is clean.
- To be confident that the information we hold about you in your records will be kept confidential.
- To have arrangements made for you to see your patient records if you would like.
- We would keep relatives or carers informed of your progress if you want us to.
If you have difficulties speaking or understanding English please ask for an interpreter before your appointment.